Friday, August 11, 2017

*Cricket. Cricket*

So why have I been so quiet lately?  Because of the Bead&Button Show deadline, that's why!

This time of year, I spend a month or more creating new things, and testing them out, scrapping some ideas, and trying again so that I will be able to send in brand new class proposals to teach at Bead&Button the next year!  What did I come up with?

Well, these Glittering Firefly Brooch/Pendants for starters!  I also like to call this project "Working out the Bugs"!  They have been very well received by everyone so far, so I really hope they get picked!


And this necklace whose pendant some of you saw me working on at the end of May/ beginning of June.  It features a natural jewel beetle wing (elytra), and Swarovski Crystal Scarabs.



And, by popular request, I sent in Crystallized Bamboo Knitting Needles!  This is a fun and easy project that most students would finish in a 3 hour class.



Now, it usually takes a while for them to narrow-down the selections, so I'll let you know what they decide on.

No comments:

Post a Comment