Thursday, June 2, 2016

Jewel Beetle Necklace

When I had the idea for this broad collar, I'm not sure that I knew what I was getting into; I just wanted to use jewel beetle wings on a necklace!  There was a LOT of trial an error.  A LOT of drilling.  A LOT of breaking.  In the end, I am so very pleased with this necklace!
It features the Swarovski Crystal color Scarabaeus Green in several of it's forms, from rivolis to bicones, to a large center stone.  Notice how, in bicones and the large centerpiece, that there is a bit of bright purple in there with the green?  I love it!  I made this to wear during the week of Bead&Button 2016, and I thankfully got it done with a few weeks to spare.  Stop by my classroom on Sunday, June 5th (room 103C in the Wisconsin Center), or at my table at Meet the Teachers on Wednesday, June 8th to catch a glimpse of this beauty in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment